This is a unique opportunity to lead the development of electronics systems for one of the most complex and technically challenging medical devices. You will lead this project with the support of both an internal team and top-level external consultants and design firms. Your knowledge and experience with a range of technologies will allow you to select design solutions to develop a well-integrated system with high reliability and an intuitive human interface. You will oversee the design, fabrication and verification and validation, ultimately leading to a successful human clinical trial of this game changing technology.
Note: in the current structure, the software development group reports directly to the CTO. The R&D Director will work with the CTO and Software Manager to coordinate project activities between hardware and software development. There is a potential to consolidate these functions under the Director in the future.
- Lead the development of all electronics components of the CorWave LVAD
- Develop and execute the project plan for the electronics development, including internal and external resources, timelines, milestones and budget
- Assess and determine allocation of sub-projects and tasks between internal team members and external consultants
- Coordinate and select subcontractors for development and manufacturing of discrete components, such as battery packs, chargers and power supplies
- Lead all aspects of day-to-day teams’ operations, resource planning, and prioritization. Build and lead teams both onsite and potentially remote locations
- Set clear expectations and build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams. Hire, mentor, and coach electronics development team
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of product development processes through collaboration with cross functional teams.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in developing mission critical electronics systems
- A minimum of 5+ years management experience, with a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Focused technical experience in medical electronics systems development, or mission critical analog and digital design
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree at a Masters or higher level
- Ability to demonstrate Multi-functional knowledge (electrical, software, manufacturing) is preferred
Offer and application
- Starting date: ASAP
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate to skills and experience
- Contract type: CDI (Full Time – Permanent Employment Contract)
- Location: Paris Area, Clichy-Levallois / Metro line 13, train L
- Enjoy your food allowance with a Swile card
- 50% reimbursement of your Navigo pass
- Health insurance (“mutuelle”) Malakoff Humanis
- 25 days of holidays + RTT
- International environment
Please send your CV and letter of introduction to: email@example.com reference “EE Dir”.
- Interview with the CTO
- Interview with the HR team and other potential colleagues
- Reference check
- Onsite interview with the CEO