CorWave is a medical technology startup, developing biomimetic implantable heart pumps with the goal of improving the survival and daily lives of patients with heart failure. The CorWave pump with undulating membrane is a disruptive technology protected by over 50 patents and 20 years of research. Funded by leading international investors, supported by renowned surgeons, with more than 80 employees of more than 10 different nationalities, CorWave aims to become a global leader. The “EPIC” values are at the heart of the company’s success and drive CorWavers in this scientific, medical, industrial and profoundly human adventure: Each other together, Persist with passion, Innovate for patients and Cultivate trust.
Working in the English and multicultural environment of CorWave, the Senior Manager Electronics is responsible for recruitment, team assignment, task planning, project strategy and planning as well as working methods.
He/she is responsible for establishing the design history and verification and validation tests for the development of the company’s electronic systems.
His responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of all CorWave LVAD electronics.
- Develop and execute project plan for electronic development including internal and external resources, timelines, milestones and budget
- Assess and determine the distribution of sub-projects and tasks between internal team members and external consultants.
- Coordinate and select subcontractors for the development and manufacture of discrete components such as batteries, chargers and power supplies.
- Leads all aspects of daily team operations, resource planning and prioritization. Build and lead teams on site and potentially remotely.
- Establish clear expectations and build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with engineering and management teams. Hire, coach and coach the electronic development team.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of product development processes through collaboration with cross-functional teams
With an engineering degree in electronics, you have at least 10 years of professional experience in the development of electronic systems (preferably in medical devices).
At least 3 years of management experience, with a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams.
You speak and write fluent English, you are able to interact in a multicultural environment.
Focused technical experience in the development of preferably medical electronic systems, or mission critical analog and digital design in industries such as aerospace or automotive.
To succeed in this role, you have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to effectively create and lead a cohesive team, leveraging the strengths of each team member.
- Experience in designing complex electronic devices with integrated systems
- Knowledge of the requirements and practical experience of producing a design history file
- Knowledge and interpretation of standards for electrical safety, emissions and performance of medical devices or other similar technologies
- Ability to positively influence management and other teams involved in the development, testing and manufacturing of electronic systems
- Ability to demonstrate multi-functional knowledge (electrical, software, manufacturing) preferred.
This would be a plus:
- Knowledge and practical experience of the software side of embedded systems
- Experience in power and battery management in small-scale electronics
- Experience in the design or procurement of motor controller hardware and software
Compensation and logistics
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Contact type: full-time permanent contract (CDI)
- Location: Paris area, Clichy (métro lines 13 & 14 + shuttles, train L 6 min from Saint Lazare + shuttle)
- Food allowance with a Swile card
- 50% reimbursement of your Navigo pass & bike bicycle mileage costs
- Health insurance (« complémentaire santé ») Malakoff Humanis
- Complementary collective insurance scheme (« prévoyance »): Malakoff Humanis (100% funded by CorWave)
- International environment
Please send your CV to: email@example.com, reference « Senior Manager Electronics ».