Compensation and logistics
- Contact type: Full-Time Permanent Contract (CDI)
- Status: Executive
- Location: Clichy (subway line 13 or subway line 14, high-speed train service linking Paris to the suburbs : line RER C, train L, bus 74 or 341…)
- Benefits: luncheon vouchers (€8.50 per day worked), health insurance (employer pays 50%), provident fund (employer pays 100%), travel pass (employer pays 50%), 8/10 days RTT/year, 25 days CA/year.
- Recruitment context: job creation
- Partial teleworking possible
- Available from November 2023.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, reference « Senior Design Engineer».
CorWave is a medical technology startup, developing biomimetic implantable heart pumps with the goal of improving the survival and daily lives of patients with heart failure. The CorWave pump with undulating membrane is a disruptive technology protected by over 50 patents and 20 years of research. Funded by leading international investors, supported by renowned surgeons, with more than 80 employees of more than 13 different nationalities, CorWave aims to become a global leader. The “EPIC” values are at the heart of the company’s success and drive CorWavers in this scientific, medical, industrial and profoundly human adventure: Each other together, Persist with passion, Innovate for patients and Cultivate trust.
Would you like to get involved in a dynamic, innovative company?
As a Senior Design Engineer – F/M, you will be part of a team of 7-9 employees.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Contribution to the design of the Series 2 cardiac pump and the tooling required for pump assembly
- Creation of concepts and designs for complex electromechanical implantable medical devices
- Design, development, verification and revision of models/drawings of LVAD system components, parts and assemblies
- Support service team members and ensure that designs can be realized with efficient, high-quality manufacturing processes
- Apply knowledge and experience in mechanical and materials engineering to generate designs that meet durability and reliability requirements
- Preparation or piloting of correctly configured 3D models and 2D drawings for the realization of team designs
- Creation and review of detailed drawings and specifications for internal and external suppliers for the production of components and assemblies
- Creation of inspection plans and acceptance criteria for mechanical components
- Support for the manufacturing team in identifying and developing post-manufacturing finishing processes (e.g. polishing, coating, etc.) to meet the performance requirements of medical devices
- Application of assembly processes to develop tools, assemblies and procedures for low-volume production of high-precision mechanical assemblies
- Participation in the development and revision of documentation relating to design history and other aspects of the quality system.
- You have a Bac+5 minimum in an engineering school (mechanical engineering specialization)
- You have at least 7 or 10 years’ experience in a similar position in the medical devices field or in various demanding environments (high production quality) such as aeronautics, aerospace, automotive or other regulated mechanical industries.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must for this position (international environment).
- You are familiar with medical devices, precision products (watches, instruments, etc.), aircraft, spacecraft, automobiles, machinery or other regulated mechanical industries
- Knowledge and mastery of mechanics.
- Mastery of SolidWorks
- Process methods and assembly of precision mechanical parts for low-volume device manufacturing
- Rapid prototyping and manufacturing processes
- Tolerance analysis, 2D drawing generation, GD&T modeling, GPS and 3D CAD
- Practice ISO + GPS dimensioning concepts.
- Team player.
- 1. Pre-qualification (telephone or on Teams)
- 2. Manager interview (on Teams or on site)
- 3. Workshop + HR interview (on site)
- 4. Taking up references.