CorWave is a medical technology startup, currently at the preclinical stage, developing biomimetic implantable heart pumps with the goal of improving the survival and daily lives of patients with heart failure. The CorWave pump with undulating membrane is a disruptive technology protected by over 50 patents and 20 years of research. Funded by leading international investors, supported by renowned surgeons, with more than 50 employees of nearly 10 different nationalities, CorWave aims to become a global leader. The “EPIC” values are at the heart of the company’s success and drive CorWavers in this scientific, medical, industrial and profoundly human adventure: Each other together, Persist with passion, Innovate for patients and Cultivate trust.
Working in an English-speaking and fast-paced environment, you will assist the R&D team charged with the responsibility for development of sub-systems of the CorWave LVAD, including requirements, design, testing, simulation and embedded system as part of a rigorous quality system.
Your tasks will inlcude:
- Run reliability testing and analyze data for the CorWave pump and its sub-components
- Investigate the degradation on the fluid used for the reliability testing under UV and high temperatures.
- Investigate the impact of temperature on some components of the CorWave pump.
- Develop requirements, specifications, test protocols and reports to document your work
- Maintain and calibrate test equipment
- Present results to senior staff and other teams
- Writing test protocols and reports
The subject of the internship will be defined after the interviews.
We are looking for motivated, dynamic and curious engineer students. You will work in a multicultural environment that requires a good level of both written and oral English. Skills in the field of medical devices (acquired during studies or during another internship) will be highly appreciated but not required.
The successful candidate will be hard-working, autonomous, team oriented, and driven by a positive attitude. Flexibility to work in a start-up environment, requiring lean, efficient use of resources are required for success in this position.
Offer and Application
- Starting date: September / October 2021
- Duration: 6 months (Minimum 5 months)
- Benefits: “Titre-restaurants” / days of rest / 50% of transportation fees / bike kilometer compensation
- Location: Clichy-Levallois / Metro line 13, train L
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org