CorWave is a medical technology startup, currently at the preclinical stage, developing biomimetic implantable heart pumps with the goal of improving the survival and daily lives of patients with heart failure. The CorWave pump with undulating membrane is a disruptive technology protected by over 50 patents and 20 years of research. Funded by leading international investors, supported by renowned surgeons, with more than 50 employees of nearly 10 different nationalities, CorWave aims to become a global leader. The “EPIC” values are at the heart of the company’s success and drive CorWavers in this scientific, medical, industrial and profoundly human adventure: Each other together, Persist with passion, Innovate for patients and Cultivate trust.
The Operations Senior Manager is responsible for total end-to-end product Operations and will be the key link between various functional areas from Research & Development, Quality, New Product Industrialization and Supply Chain to ensure delivered product achieves or exceeds quality, cost and service goals.
Your responsibilities will cover the following:
- Manufacture product as planned and ensure product availability as required.
- Coach and supervise a group of Production Associates and Team Leaders.
- Train, develop, and motivate the workforce toward continuous quality improvement, a positive and safe working environment, and cost-effective operations.
- Ensure Production Associates training is effective & efficient and maintain training versatility across entire team.
- Manufacture facility management.
- Develop and implement activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives while maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Utilize production area planning tools to ensure all resources are in place to achieve team commitments such as Direct Labor Staffing, Equipment Capacity, Support Team, and Space.
- Improve schedule linearity, reduce cycle times and inventory, reduce costs, and improve employee satisfaction.
- Partner with Supply Chain team for build planning and material delivery systems and tools.
- Analyze build plan requirements and provide forward looking monthly production commitments.
- Anticipate requirements and position resources to meet & exceed needs.
- Provide appropriate input into the long-term planning of the production area.
Engineering degree or similar from a University, Engineering school and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, among which more than 7 years of managerial experience.
You have proven track of experience in the following fields:
- Manufacturing Engineering and/or Quality Engineering
- Design for Manufacturability or similar methodology
- Medical Devices, FMEA/DFMEA, Process Capability
In order to succeed in this position, you have the following skills and experience:
- Production Area Planning
- Manage a production team and cross-functional team priorities
- Lead and create engagement around continuous improvement throughout the entire team
- The use of lean and operational excellence tools and best practices to achieve continuous improvement goals for safety, quality, service, cost and space
- Strong communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and French
- Lean Six Sigma trained or certified
- Product/Process technical expertise including Qualifications (i.e. Validation including IQ, OQ, PQ activities, or related)
On a managerial point of view, you have organizational leadership experience, together with experience building organization capability and leading through change.
You can confront conflict and find solutions while maintaining good relationships with all involved.
You have strong executive-level leadership skills and proven ability to build relationships and influence effectively indirectly in a growing organization.
With a strong team spirit, autonomy, rigor and a positive spirit, you are the Operations Senior Manager that CorWave is looking for.
Compensation and logistics
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Executive (cadre) status with day package
- Contact type: full-time permanent contract (CDI)
- Location: Paris area, Clichy-Levallois (métro ligne 13, train L 6 min de Saint Lazare)
- Food allowance with a Swile card
- 50% reiumbursement of your Navigo pass & bike bicycle mileage costs
- Health insurance (« complémentaire santé ») Malakoff Humanis
- Complementary collective insurance scheme (« prévoyance »): Malakoff Humanis (100% funded by CorWave)
- International environment
Please send your CV to: email@example.com, reference « Senior Operations Manager ».
- Pre-qualification interview
- Interview with future manager (Teams or on site)
- Workshop + HR interview (on site)
- Reference check
- CEO interview