CorWave is a medical technology startup, developing biomimetic implantable heart pumps with the goal of improving the survival and daily lives of patients with heart failure. The CorWave pump with undulating membrane is a disruptive technology protected by over 50 patents and 20 years of research. Funded by leading international investors, supported by renowned surgeons, with more than 80 employees of more than 10 different nationalities, CorWave aims to become a global leader. The “EPIC” values are at the heart of the company’s success and drive CorWavers in this scientific, medical, industrial and profoundly human adventure: Each other together, Persist with passion, Innovate for patients and Cultivate trust.
Operating in the English-speaking and multicultural environment of CorWave, the Mechanical Design Engineer is contributing to the design of the Series 2 Heart Pump and the tooling to support the pump assembly.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will design, develop, verify and revise models and drawings of LVAD system components, parts and assemblies.
His/Her responsibilities will include:
- Creation of complex electromechanical implantable medical device concepts and designs
- Apply knowledge and experience to support service team members and ensure designs can be realized with efficient and high quality manufacturing processes
- Apply knowledge and experience in mechanical and materials engineering to generate designs that meet the requirements of durability and reliability.
- Prepare or lead the preparation of properly configured and tolerant 3D models and 2D drawings to achieve team designs
- Create and revise detailed drawings and specifications for use by internal and external manufacturing suppliers to produce components and assemblies.
- Create inspection drawings and acceptance criteria for mechanical components
- Assist the manufacturing team in identifying and developing post-manufacturing finishing processes (e.g., polishing, coating, etc.) to meet the performance requirements of medical devices.
- Apply knowledge of assembly processes to develop tools, assemblies and procedures for low volume production of high precision mechanical assemblies.
- Assist in the development and revision of design history documentation and other aspects of the quality system as required.
This is a Consulting mission for an initial period of 6 months.
Engineer by training, you have at least 10 years of professional experience in medical devices or sectors developing high precision products such as aeronautics, aerospace, automotive or other regulated mechanical industries.
You speak and write fluent English, you are able to interact in a multicultural environment.
To succeed in this role, you have the following skills:
- Relevant work experience in medical devices, precision products (watches, instruments), aircraft, spacecraft, automotive, machinery or other regulated mechanical industries
- Proficient with SolidWorks
- Experience in methods, processes and assembly of precision mechanical parts for low volume device manufacturing
- Experience with prototyping and rapid manufacturing processes
- Tolerance analysis experience, 2D drawing generation, GD&T modeling, GPS and 3D CAD
This would be a plus:
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Quality Management System.
- Experience in designing parts or tools for use in clean room environments or hermetic components.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment with multidisciplinary teams
- Work with vendors and suppliers to obtain feedback on manufacturing and delivery feasibility.
- Experience designing parts for alternative production methods: 3D printing of metal components, injection molding of polymer components, etc.
- Tolerance analysis
- Mechanical Drawing Standards (MDS)
Compensation and logistics
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Contact type: consulting contract (6 months)
- Location: Paris area, Clichy (métro lines 13 & 14 + shuttles, train L 6 min from Saint Lazare + shuttle)
- Food allowance with a Swile card
- 50% reimbursement of your Navigo pass & bike bicycle mileage costs
- Health insurance (« complémentaire santé ») Malakoff Humanis
- Complementary collective insurance scheme (« prévoyance »): Malakoff Humanis (100% funded by CorWave)
- International environment
Please send your CV to: email@example.com, reference « Mechanical Design ».