Director of Engineering M/W
CorWave is a medical technology startup, developing biomimetic implantable heart pumps with the goal of improving the survival and daily lives of patients with heart failure. The CorWave pump with undulating membrane is a disruptive technology protected by over 50 patents and 20 years of research. Funded by leading international investors, supported by renowned surgeons, with more than 70 employees of more than 10 different nationalities, CorWave aims to become a global leader. The “EPIC” values are at the heart of the company’s success and drive CorWavers in this scientific, medical, industrial and profoundly human adventure: Each other together, Persist with passion, Innovate for patients and Cultivate trust.
The Director of Engineering responsibilities are to lead teams producing mechanical designs, tooling designs and automation, sustaining engineering, and manufacturing improvements to assure that the designs meet all requirements for safety, performance, reliability, quality, and manufacturability. The Director will have strong input on product design and development of CorWave’s lifesaving devices.
The Director will initially lead three teams with the opportunity to adapt the structure and resources of the teams to optimize individual and team performance, while continuing to deliver innovative design solutions.
Description of significant activities and responsibilities:
1. Management of assigned teams
2. Project coordination for design, development, fabrication, and testing including interfaces with other teams and projects
3. Drive evaluation of prototype designs, design solutions, tolerance analyses, and design for manufacturing (DFM)
4. Work with Manufacturing and Quality teams to improve part and assembly yield, inspection methods, and reduce costs.
5. Coordinate with other Research teams or external laboratories to fill knowledge gaps to complete design analysis and review.
6. Identify and coordinate efforts to mitigate product and project risks
7. Assure compliance with the Quality Management System, including design reviews, project documentation, and drawing release processes.
8. Support regulatory submissions as required
9. Support and strengthening of Intellectual Property
Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in an Engineering Discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering. 15+ years of experience in the design and manufacture of active implantable medical devices or other complex systems in a regulated environment (automotive, aerospace, etc.)
8+ years of experience managing Engineering teams
A proven record of leading product design and development through to successful product release.
You can communicate orally and in writing in French and English, with a preference for fluency in French.
Compensation and logistics
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Competitive salary: 90K-120k (based on skills and experience)
- Executive (cadre) status with day package
- Contact type: full-time permanent contract (CDI)
- Location: Paris area, Clichy (métro lines 13 & 14 + shuttles, train L 6 min from Saint Lazare + shuttle)
- Food allowance with a Swile card
- 50% reimbursement of your Navigo pass & bike bicycle mileage costs
- Health insurance (« complémentaire santé ») Malakoff Humanis
- Complementary collective insurance scheme (« prévoyance »): Malakoff Humanis (100% funded by CorWave)
- International environment
Please send your CV to: email@example.com, reference “Director of Engineering”.
- Prequalification interview via Teams
- Onsite interviews with the hiring manager, CTO and a workshop with team members, HR interview after the workshop
- Interview with the CEO
- Reference check